Founded in 1957, Bronx Community College opened its doors two years
later on the old site of the Bronx High School of Science. That first
incoming class numbered 125. In 1973, the College moved into its new
home high above the Harlem River on what was formerly the uptown
campus of New York University.

Today, 60 years and six presidents after its birth, BCC offers more
than 43 academic programs that prepare some 11,500 students for
careers and to continue their education at four-year colleges and
beyond. It is currently in the middle of a five-year strategic plan
aimed at “Building a Community of Excellence.”